Translate

Popular Posts

Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Palms of His Hands

The world may forget me,
Just another who’s lost.
They won’t try to save me,
Too afraid of the cost.
But though I may wander,
I am never alone.
He’ll always be there,
Guiding me Home.


For I am graven
Upon His hands.
I am kept sheltered
When I stand where He stands.
He knows my name
And He knows who I am.
Because I have signed
My name on His hands.

Because I have signed
My name on His hands.

I wrote these lyrics several years ago while I was in college. I'd like to add to them someday--maybe soon. The inspiration comes from Isaiah 49: 15-16: "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
Think about that. The proof of Christ's love for each of us is imprinted on His hands. He didn't have to suffer for us. He didn't have to die. If you ever feel worthless, unnoticed, or unloved remember His hands. He loves you. He notices you. And you are NOT worthless. He died to save you. Do you know what that means? It means your soul is worth His life. Your soul is worth the agony He suffered. You were worth it to Him. What is He worth to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment